“My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.”― Coco Chanel
Taking over your destiny and taking charge of your life is one of the best decision you will every make in your life. And yes, it is a decision that you have to make, to decide that life will no longer hand you anything and you will accept. You cannot live everyday feeling out of control of your life, this affects your thinking and your being. Many people have been boxed into a corner, by life, by family, by friends, by their jobs etc but it is time for you to take a stand for yourself, and it all begins with a decision.
Don’t feel like you cannot change what is going on in your life, it doesn’t matter how long you have been in that corner or stuck in that rut, you can do something about it. Now this is not compulsory, some people don’t mind being in that rut, and that is okay, but if you feel there is more to your life than you currently have or you want to live your life on your own terms, then you can indeed take charge.
It all begins with your decision, and one of the first places your decision is made visible is in your attitude.
- Take a look at your life and find out if you love it or are just tolerating it
- Decide if you want a better life or you are content with the one you currently are living
- Ask yourself, what exactly do you want from life, what kind of life do you want to live, how do you picture your life
- Sincerely ask yourself if you are willing to do what it takes to live the life you want
- Map out a road map to living the life that you want (it doesn’t matter if it is far-fetched or not, just do it)
- Start being conscious of your new life, be conscious of the fact that you are taking charge of your life and begin making decisions that move you towards your new life
- Know that it will not happen over night, so you have to be patient, consistent and determined