1. The human body is composed of approx. 100 trillion cells.
2. Bone marrow creates 2.5 million new red blood cells every second.
3. You have 100,00 miles of blood vessels within you.
4. The human body has 206 bones.
5. The average human body contains enough: iron to make a 3 inch nail, sulfur to kill all fleas on an average dog, carbon to make 900 pencils, potassium to fire a toy cannon, fat to make 7 bars of soap, phosphorous to make 2,200 match heads, and water to fill a ten-gallon tank.
6. Every hair follicle on our body has its own individual muscle.
7. 20,000 hairs in the ears to tune in to all sounds.
8. Nothing in the human body is arbitrary.
9. A perfect circle fits around your body with its centre at your navel.
10. The average brain uses equivalent of 20 watts of power
11. There are approximately 640 skeletal muscles.
12. A communication network that relates to the brain instantly any known sound, taste, sight, touch or smell.
13. There are between 2000 and 5000 taste buds that are located on the back and front of the tongue. Each taste bud contains 50 to 100 taste receptor cells.
[Sources: http://www.bodiesrevealed.com; http://www.enotes.com; wikipedia; http://www.answersingenesis.org; http://scienceblogs.com, Dake’s Annotated Bible]
- Human body (girlmeetscience.wordpress.com)
- The Six Million Dollar Man – Harold J. Morowitz (freenoteshere.wordpress.com)
- 18 Awesome Facts About The Human Body (collective-evolution.com)